|This article is a stub. You can help Journey Wiki by .|
|This article falls under the category Expert Mode.
To avoid frustration or confusion, we recommend getting familiar with the Expert Mode first. Further more, in-depth knowledge of Gameplay Basics is assumed at Expert Mode articles.
|OOB, charge boost, triggers|
- 1 What is it?
- 2 How and where to do it
- 3 First Steps/Setup
- 4 Tutorial videos
- 4.1 Video on how to capture WMs
- 4.2 About a flight route for WM capturing
- 4.3 Easy Guardian (War Machine) Capture
- 4.4 Video tutorial: How to capture 2 WM
- 4.5 For fun / challenge: Speedrun WM Capture
- 4.6 Additional Images and Videos
- 4.7 In-depth-analysis
- 4.8 Trivia
- 4.9 Quotes
- 4.10 See also
- 4.11 References
What is it?
The result of an extended OOB tour, to hit certain triggers (setup): A WM flying behind the force field of the tower at the end of the Underground level. It will move its head a bit and then stop to move at all.
The WM just stays there until you go to the next level.
It is also possible to capture two WMs (Companion needed?), see video: How to capture 2 WM.
How and where to do it
In the Underground level, OOB needed.
A rather big setup is needed. We made it an own page to keep things clearer on the War Machine (Glitched) article.
Very simplified explanation:
- Go to OOB, probably at the start of the level or Jellyfish Room and not further (to avoid hitting triggers).
- Go to the end tower, drop down to the ground and hit a trigger. This might be a camera trigger after falling down the tower, go a bit South, off the platform. You will feel some resistance, just touch the "invisible wall", do not push through.
- Fly up (CB) to OOB again, go back to the last room before the slide and reenter the level there. CB info: there is a wall on the East side, see image. Careful to not boost around the tower and crossing that trigger in front of the tower.
- The slide down also follows a certain route. You can still slide at the start, but need to lift in the end, see image and video: About a flight route for WM capturing.
There are probably several methods to make the capture happen.
Help the wiki and describe methods in text or video. Clarify which triggers to hit/avoid etc.
You really need to be familiar with the Underground (OOB) area to find your way through the level, hitting the right triggers and avoiding the wrong ones.
At the moment an exact written describtion is not avaiable (information is missing), please feel free to expand this article.
Video on how to capture WMs
About a flight route for WM capturing
Easy Guardian (War Machine) Capture
Going through the level in bounds, until the slide. CBing into OOB from the last room before slide. Flying to the top of the tower, droping down, hitting the trigger and CBing back up into OOB. Then re-enter at the last room before slide and capture.
The video has captions too!
Video tutorial: How to capture 2 WM
Ava wrote down the important timestamps for this video: LID = Low ID Player, HID = High ID Player (see also The ID rule
▸Connect anywhere [2:15]
▸Reset cam [2:25]
▸LID goes to SE [4:00]
▸HID - Happy WM (light - yes, attack - no) [5:10]
▸HID - Room 2 1st trigger (LID's WM moves) [5:53]
(LID's WMb is synchronizing, WMa is still not [6:25])
▸HID WMb loop at the slide [5:53]
▸HID attacked towards the slider [7:14]
▸HID RCB OOB [8:08], activate A+B loop [8:40]
Trigger warning at [8:55] [PIC] WMa light - yes, attack - no
▸LID to the slider end [9:55]
▸"LID needs to get attacked here" [11:13] [PIC]
▸LID approaches HID [12:30] for 2 loops, then goes back
▸HID switched attack [14:20]
▸LID sits at the shrine [15:57]
▸HID calls the patrol [16:37], fly above it, CAPTURE! [PIC]
For fun / challenge: Speedrun WM Capture
An unusual capture
Additional Images and Videos
WM with its head turned 180 degrees (you're looking at the back side of the head)
Compare the number of WM "segments" with a normal-looking WM.
WMs in OOB often have their heads turned around when they're stuck, likely to hide their headlight. In this example, cold white light is visible on WM's neck and "spikes".
A captured WM will stay there, even if you use the "Chapter Select" option or quit to title (PC only option).
Unless go you go back to the last Symbol, then it will fly away. You can trigger that for a Companion who is still at the captured WM.
|“||It puts fear in me||„|
- Paleologos: WMs positions are going to reset only, if you relaunch the game. I already tested that while trying to find out why disco WM is sometimes missing. Going back to the main menu is the same as CSing.
- Ravingmadness: this was info from Ten and Nico Buis. Did not test this yet...